Monday 19 April 2010

WHAT KIND OF MEDIA INSTITUTION MIGHT DISTRIBUTE YOUR MEDIA PRODUCT AND WHY?

The distribution of a website is rather unique when compared to the distribution of other types of media material. In order for me to distribute my website effectively I need to go through the following steps.

1.)For search engines such as Google to find and list my website merely registering my domain name on the Internet isn't enough. A domain name is a name often related to the topic or theme of the website, which identifies websites.


To enable search engines to find a website, the website must be

2.) uploaded onto the Internet via a web host. A web host is a service which puts a website on the Internet allowing web surfers to search, find and view the website easily; but there are some costs for the use a web host's service's. The higher the cost the more control one would have over things such as the layout and the amount of content allowed on the website. Although the benefits of this option out weigh the con's, for a charity orientated website such as my own it would not be the best choice. I say this because it is a non-profit organization which seeks to spend as little as possible on its running costs.

Once this is done the website can be distributed via the Internet anywhere in the world.

1 comment: